Friday, September 14, 2012

Busy Body

Concerts and Races and Babies- oh my! While I´m busy nesting..... This fine fella has made it a point to accomplish all his life goals before Baby de Abiega arrives. Literally. We´ve both gone into "get it done now" mode. I´ve spent the past few weeks wrapping up work, shopping and preparing the nursery and beefing up my social agenda. I figure it´s easier to get my network in place now, to make life a little more smooth once Carolina arrives. Ricardo, aside from his day job, has released his latest album, is putting the final touches on his next release, played a few shows here in Madrid, is preparing for his November marathon, beefing up his swimming skills for a 2013 triathalon and just completed a bike race of over 130km in the mountains of Segovia and Madrid. If it´s nesting for the mother, what do you call this for the father? =)

Friday Night Acoustic Show (signing autographs =)
We end at 12:30 and drive 1hr to Segovia for an overnight stay in Segovia (race is the next morning!)

I love Segovia and have been here several times (it´s a fav place to take guests). The race started at 8am! I slept in and decided to take the morning to explore the town from the outside angle. Beautiful! and much more natural than from inside the city walls.
This was the view of the Alcazar from our hotel on the river
The old monastery and shaded park nearby
a view of Segovia from outside the city walls
And back just in time to cheer him across the finish line

No comments: