Monday, March 29, 2010

S.A.: The Animals

Breathtaking! Courtesy of my new Nikon I was able to capture some amazing shots! My new favorite animal- the Zebra; their skin is sooo beautiful. The toughest tracking- the leopard; our guides were determined for us to find a leopard and even went off on foot to hunt it out of the bush. The reserve is known for sighting "The Big Five", and we were lucky to catch them all in the 2 days: Rhino, Buffalo, Lion, Leopard, and Elephant. The Zebras and Giraffe's were our added bonus. and the Baboons wouldn't sit still long enough for a good shot. I have some nice bird photos as well- but they just didn't stack up against these beauties! Kruger park is roughly the size of Virginia, so while there are some fences keeping the animals out of the local villages, they have great freedom to roam around in the wilderness. (and no animals were harmed in the taking of these photos =)

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

I am so jealous. I love exotic animals.

Katy Southern said...

Awesome! So totally awesome- Horray for your new camera- I cannot wait to see what else you find to "shoot"!

Walters Press said...

Is that lion laying down in the picture?