Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hong Kong

We started the trip in HKG visiting my friends Henrik and Shereen that I knew from Italy. (see wedding in Cairo post) When I remember one of the best views from the trip.... without a doubt their terrace is amongst the top. Hong Kong is a hustle and bustle of a million different nationalities, languages, and styles. It is recognizable by the super tall and skinny high rise buildings and the view from Kowloon just across the river. Of all the stops we made, it seems that this would be the easiest to settle in. Very easy to get around with the metro and taxis (though most didn´t speak english) and every where you turn- shopping! And a special thanks to Ashley for lending us her house. =)

View of Hong Kong from the IFC tower
Lunch at Shereen´s


City Lights from Kowloon

Shereen and I in Wan Chai

Cable Car ride in Tung Chung


to see the World´s Largest Sitting Budha!

and all this in 2 days! Next stop- Japan!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! I am so envious. I told Brad that I would like to see Asia, not sure why. I think it is because like you said, it is completely different than life here. I love getting to see pictures of the world through your eyes, thanks for sharing! Thanks for the comment, can you believe it has been that long... We are definitely getting old!

Casey said...

Wow, such the world traveler!! I'm so jealous!! I love looking at all your pictures! Thanks so much for the outfits for Drew, they were adorable!! I hate it that I missed your mom. I definitely want to get together next time you're in, maybe we can do dinner or something!!

Walters Press said...

The first picture of Hong Kong is incredible!