Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Japan

And then to Japan...... I have a ton of pictures from this stop because everything was so shocking and interesting. From the quaint local community in Kyoto to the bright lights and big city of Tokyo. I was reading "Memoirs of a Geisha" during the trip, so I was definately set in the mood. I loved Kyoto for this reason as this is where the book takes place. The pictures will tell the story........


First Stop- Imperial Palace in Osaka
It was a rainy night, but the colors and signs and people.... it was our first feel of the culture

Next to Kyoto. Our Hotel, (sorry Rick, but it´s just so interesting.....) =)

This was so cool, the Geisha´s just walking down the street

And then some more....
Japanese Couple overlooking the Japanese Gardens
One of the many many temples we visited
You can tell I liked the Geisha´s!

and Finally Tokyo! Just like you would imagine

We decided to try out the capsule hotels. Such an experience!

A little local cuisine

A little local sport (Sumo Championship was going on while we were there)

Temple in Asakusa

and a view from the top of the Hilton (Lost in Translation was filmed here!)

2 comments:

The Richards-Rod, Suzanne, and Addie said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful time. I can't wait to hear all about it. You amaze me with all of the countries and places you have visited. Glad you made it back safely.

Christy Odom said...

I might not get out much but this is just the coolest thing ever!

I want to know more about the capsule hotel!